Saturday, October 29, 2011

"ANOTHER SATURDAY NIGHT"





Another wild Saturday night in Ocean Drive...As Sam Cooke would say "Another Saturday Night And I Ain't Got Nobody".....but wait...I did have somebody!  I had THREE wonderful friends, albeit via the internet,  and whooped some royal butt in Hand and Foot canasta....3 out of 4 games to be exact.  My partner, JIMBOB, from Plano, Texas and moi whooped up on DENA (his lovely wife) and Miss MOMO, from the melting snow in Colorado.  It was our night to shine and my good luck to be able to find all three of them online this evening.  My condolences to MOMO as she and I have a running penalty of having to eat loads of chocolate should we be the loser.  Last I heard from MO she was on a definite chocolate high and looking for colorful bandanas and a tambourine to go sing out on the roadside.


Now for those of you not familiar with Hand and Foot Canasta...it's a fun game played by my grandparents and enjoyed today from younguns on up to the old wise ones.  I had a choice of putting on some finery and going downtown to try my luck at finding a partner for fas' dancin'...or stayin' in and playing some heated card games with some funny friends.  I can tell ya' my head will feel a lot better tomorrow morning having chosen the card games.  And I do believe my spirits were lifted considerably due to the banter between the four of us for a couple of hours relaxing in my PJs.  Back to Hand and Foot canasta...we have a great website hosted by my friend, DENA...where you can download the game and join in 24/7 with folks from around the world.  We've got some regulars from Puerto Rico, Australia, Mexico and Germany, just to name a few faraway places. We've got families that gather from all over to meet in our game lobby and play a round or two of Hand and Foot, being the next best thing to sitting around the kitchen table if they could all be together at home.  I have to admit I've had a tear or two in my eye when we have one grandmother show up from Florida, joining her granddaughter in Germany and her son serving the good ol' USA in Afghanistan.  Yep..I've "met" some mighty fine (and fun) folks since I found this website.  Check into it if you like to play cards...It is a very friendly and family oriented site...and Miss DENA will kick your butt if you get out of line...Yessiree...this ain't no MSN gamesite!  Don't worry if you don't know how to play..the instructions are simply put and the regulars are always willing to help you learn.  You can even play with "bots" til you're comfortable enough to take on some of the regular players.  Here's a link to our website:

http://www.hand8foot.com/

Tell 'em Kristyemac sent ya'!

2 comments:

  1. You bet your boots we have fun there. I love the site. But I am never the top winner? Why? Guess I just do not practice enough. LOL This is great to share with others. Will pass it around too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette has told me to check it out online but I never have. I play this game with my aunts and cousin quite often. I am wondering if it is played how we play it. Maybe I should not go over and check it out because I may NEVER get anything done. lol

    Oh wow, there is my button from my blog right up there. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete