Monday, May 28, 2018

ONE O' THESE DAYS I'M GONNA SNAP


It's comin'.  I'm tryin' to stop it.  But when you care SO much for somethin'....you go a little crazy.  Yep, that's me.  I've held my tongue and put in hours and sweat to remain positive on the outside while I'm dyin' on the inside.  Ever have that feelin'?

I've almost "snapped" several times in the past few months.  But I know that when I do it'll all be over.  The hard work...the livin' my dream...the "could'a would'a should'a"  feelings that have kept me here in my little slice of paradise.





Could I snap?  Probably so.  Would I snap?  Maybe.  Should I snap?  Absolutely not.
What's kept me from snappin' up to this point?  My music and bein' able to dance it off.  Kinda like shakin' it off...but I dance it off.

A few years back I found out what depression was all about.  And it wasn't very pretty.  If anyone had asked me if I could become a victim to depression I would have laughed and said NO WAY!  Didn't think I could...but I did.  Woke up one morning with no warning and my world felt like a hole...a BIG, black hole.  I found myself lying in bed for days...crying for no reason I could put my finger on.  I felt helpless...unloved...lonely...and desperate.




There musta' been an angel on my shoulder because when it finally felt like I couldn't go on I picked up the phone and called a friend.  You know who you are.  And you showed up.  It was a simple gesture, but it saved my life.  Of all the folks I could've called...I called you.  And you came through like a champ.  Don't think that I will ever forget that and thanks to you I'm here today.

When I feel like I might slip and sink back into that hole I find somewhere with my kinda favorite music.....and I dance.  If a dance partner doesn't show up...I dance in my heart.  It's great therapy for me and so far, it works for me.







Please don't let the music die...Without the music I can't dance.  And if I can't dance I'm gonna snap!  Dancin' breathes life into me...And when I'm dancin' it's a GOOD me.

We all have that one thing that makes us tick.  Find out what yours is and hold on to it tight.  You never know when it might just be the medicine that keeps you sane...and where your smiles will be real.  

Here's to all of you out there in blog-land that have somethin' gnawin' inside of you that you keep pushin' down.  Bring it up!  Get it out!  Don't wait too long like I did and let it eat you up...Because it will.  Trust me.





My advice?  Get up...Get down...and get FUNKY...get loose ....And call a friend.

 
Now maybe some of 'ya know why I have to dance...and love to dance...
So let's DO it!  Even if you can only dance with the fur kids.


Thanks for droppin' in...while you're here, won't you leave a comment?

3 comments:

  1. Keep going strong. You are to sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time call me! I am a great listener! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been in that "black hole" more times than anyone knows and have pulled myself out of it by myself 'cause there was nobody I could call. I am here for you if you need me...843-249-1302...and would call you in a heartbeat now. Thank you for your honesty. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete